For more information on any of our Adult Support Programs, call 519-371-9251.

Adults are supported to achieve personal goals related to activities of daily living and community participation. These supports provide a variety of options whereby adults can participate in planned activities that focus on community participation, life skills, volunteer and cooperative work, socialization and/or leisure.

Passport is a Ministry of Community and Social Services funded program that helps adults with a developmental disability to participate in their community. It helps caregivers take a break from their caregiving responsibilities. Through Passport, individuals and families can choose to either receive funding directly so they can purchase their own services and supports, and/or get services and supports through community-based agencies, such as Community Living Owen Sound and District.

Independent Living

Adults who live independent of their family receive in-home support from Association staff to help manage their daily living routines.

Host Family

Adults live with a family or individual who provides contracted supports. Typically, there is a support "per diem" paid as well as rent or room and board.

Accommodation Supports

Association staff provide individuals with residential support up to 24 hours per day in a limited number of homes and locations. Typically, 3 to 4 individuals live at each home.

We can provide support to assist adults in service with securing employment, job training, coaching, and employee/employer relations. This service is in partnership with the Ontario Disability Employment Support Program.